WCPL offers the Holleman Internship for MLS/MLIS students. It is a one-year paid internship with a focus on public service, popular collections and programming.
The Holleman Internship is designed to:
- Fulfill the intern's education requirements.
- Enable the intern to observe and understand the workings of the public library environment.
- Give the intern hands-on experience with core public library services and operations.
- Provide meaningful focused activities in the intern's specific area of interest.
- Provide the library with valuable assistance in conducting programs, implementing projects and performing core services.
While participating in a defined set of activities based on the intern's interests, interns will have the opportunity to explore other areas of public librarianship. The intern works with his or her supervisor to arrange opportunities to meet with, observe, and work alongside professional and/or support staff in any area of the library.
We are accepting applications Oct. 1 - Oct. 22 for interns to start in January. Please submit a cover letter and resume to WCPLinternships@wake.gov and fill out the application form to be considered for this opportunity.
For questions, please email WCPLinternships@wake.gov.
For more information, download the Holleman Fact Sheet.