Application for Marriage Certificate
- The marriage license was issued in Wake County.
- One of the following must apply:
- Applicant is an immediate family member of the individual on the marriage license.
- Applicant can be self, spouse, sister, brother, child, parent / stepparent, grandparent or grandchild.
- Applicant is seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights.
- Applicant is authorized agent, attorney or legal representative of a person listed above.
Online Marriage Certificate Requests
- Request your certified copy of your Marriage License online.
Mail-In Marriage Certificate Requests
- Open and download the PDF Application to request by mail.
- Complete, sign and enclose the certified copy application for your Marriage License.
- Include a copy of your state-issued photo ID or valid passport.
- Include a check or money order for $10 per copy.
In-Person Marriage Certificate Requests
In-Person Marriage Certificates may be obtained at one of these Wake County Locations. Please call ahead for regional center hours of operation.