Wake County Sheriff's Office | Willie L. Rowe, Sheriff

Victim Services

The Victim Services/Domestic Violence Unit is responsible for processing and serving domestic violence protective orders and restraining orders. Victim Services works with the victims of domestic violence to ensure that we have all the available information needed so the deputies of the Domestic Violence Unit can serve the orders in a timely manner. Deputes within the Domestic Violence Unit also assist and respond to domestic violence calls throughout Wake County.

Steps to Obtain a Domestic Violence Protection Order (50B Order) or a Restraining Order (50C Order)

  1. Go to the Wake County Courthouse at 316 Fayetteville St., Room 527, 5th Floor Civil Clerk of Court, and the Domestic Violence Unit and obtain a Domestic Violence Protection Order (DVPO) and complete it.
  2. The Judge will call you to the stand, and you will be sworn in to testify about the complaint you have just filed.
  3. Once the Judge signs the paperwork, go back to Room 527. The Domestic Violence Clerk will make copies of your order, and it will be clocked in.

***Your order will then be sent out in the field for service on the defendant.***


If you have an emergency and need immediate assistance, please dial 911.

If you have questions, call 919-856-6816 or 919-856-5623 or visit the Domestic Violence Clerk in Room 527, 919-792-4110.