[This is a joint news release with the City of Raleigh.]
Wake County and the City of Raleigh have partnered to launch an updated version of the popular iMAPS application — an online interactive mapping tool that provides easy access to reliable property information.
iMAPS, a collaborative effort between Wake County and City of Raleigh GIS teams for more than 20 years, lets users look up properties by owner name, address, place of interest or intersection and retrieve a variety of maps and property information. It is widely cited as a business-critical application used by various groups, including the public, the real estate and development community, and staff at local municipalities who need centralized access to information about property.
“Wake County strives to provide user-friendly, efficient services that exceed expectations and meet the changing needs of our residents,” said Wake County Commissioner Shinica Thomas. “The refreshed version of iMAPS ensures people can get the information they need easily and quickly.”
The update adds new functionality that modernizes the application and makes it easier and faster for staff to resolve technical issues.
“The City of Raleigh and Wake County share the desire to serve our residents, and the launch of the updated version of iMAPS is yet another example of great cooperation between us,” said Mary-Ann Baldwin, mayor of Raleigh.
New features include:
- A light mode and a dark mode for personalized viewing;
- An option to include a legend (map color descriptions) on the PDF map;
- Data layers that are organized into groups to make finding data easier;
- A streamlined right panel that displays property information;
- Multiple basemaps to choose from;
- The ability to “long press” — or click and hold — a property to select it; and
- An in-app feedback tool for one-click issue reporting and requests.
The new version officially launches today. A user guide and helpful videos are available at wakegov.com/imaps, and anyone with questions or in need of assistance can contact email@example.com.