State License Information & Federal Referrals

Use the resources below to get state and federal information and referrals:

State of North Carolina

  • Call or visit the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina (EDPNC) website for information
  • For information concerning Occupational Safety & Health for your business activity, contact Department of Labor
    toll-free 1-800-NCLABOR (1-800-522-6762, NC only)
  • Small Business Resource Guide, CD-ROM (IRS Pub. 3207)


  • For employer tax numbers and federal forms:
    Internal Revenue Service
    Somerset Park
    4505 Bland Road
    Raleigh, NC 27609
    (no local calls accepted)
  • Federal Information Center