Goal CHV 1: Improve public health and well-being by supporting and promoting healthy behaviors and lifestyles.
- CHV 1.1: Evaluate and implement the action plan outlined in the Infant Mortality 2020 Workgroup Report to enhance the health outcomes for babies and moms, reduce infant deaths, and reduce related disparities.
- CHV 1.2: Increase access to maternal health care, especially for women of color.
- CHV 1.3: Enhance the accessibility and diversification of substance abuse treatment options.
Goal CHV 2: Improve access to affordable, high-quality medical and behavioral health care.
- CHV 2.1: Address challenges and mitigate impacts to residents associated with state-led Medicaid Transformation through partnerships with the community and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
- CHV 2.2: Evaluate performance and current metrics of behavioral health crisis services to identify additional needs or service gaps and address recommendations with community partners.
- CHV 2.3: Leverage data-sharing through medical, health, and human service organizations to implement the Familiar Faces program.
- CHV 2.4: Support and enhance suicide prevention efforts.
- CHV 2.5: Review the service offerings at Wake County Regional Centers to identify baseline services, potential gaps, and opportunities to enhance services. Implement enhancements that best serve the surrounding communities.
- CHV 2.6: Evaluate and improve access to healthcare safety net systems, including primary care, behavioral health, dental, and vision.
Goal CHV 3: Support a higher quality of life for vulnerable residents and communities.
- CHV 3.1: Maintain and enhance the quality of life for residents in vulnerable communities through efforts including policy changes, partnerships, workforce development, and the community college.
- CHV 3.2: Explore services and programs offered to seniors and residents with disabilities. Implement options that strengthen and expand offerings.
- CHV 3.3: Develop and implement animal center strategies to plan for a new facility and location that meet Association of Shelter Veterinarians (ASV) guidelines, prevent surrenders, promote adoption, and engage the community.
Goal CHV 4: All residents have access to food that is safe, affordable, nutritious, and culturally and medically appropriate.
- CHV 4.1: Complete the comprehensive Wake County Food Security Plan update. Implement the plan and measure the impact of county-resourced efforts.
Goal CHV 5: Create and preserve affordable housing.
- CHV 5.1: Update and implement the Wake County Affordable Housing Plan to increase and preserve the County's legally binding affordable housing inventory.
- CHV 5.2: Expand stable, permanent supportive housing opportunities.
- CHV 5.3: Collaborate with municipal elected officials to identify and implement strategies for increasing county-wide affordable housing supply.
- CHV 5.4: Develop and communicate pathways to homeownership for low-income and special needs populations.
- CHV 5.5: Evaluate and enable opportunities to keep residents in their homes.
Goal CHV 6: Prevent homelessness and provide support to County residents experiencing homelessness.
- CHV 6.1: Support the HUD Continuum of Care to explore and implement best practice services for populations experiencing homelessness, such as evaluating the feasibility of drop-in sheltering services.
- CHV 6.2: Support the HUD Continuum of Care to evaluate the demand for temporary, emergency overnight shelter beds during inclement and life-threatening weather, referred to as White Flag nights. Coordinate with partners to respond to community needs and requests from the Homeless Emergency Response Committee during White Flag declarations.