Goal ES 1: Every resident has opportunities to succeed and thrive in Wake County's economic prosperity.
- ES 1.1: Create a platform to encourage and facilitate socially responsible business practices in the community.
- ES 1.2: Increase outreach and education to minority and women-owned business enterprises (MWBE) seeking to do business with Wake County.
- ES 1.3: Convene stakeholders to identify, explore, and implement local strategies to foster greater economic mobility. Tactics may include economic support/training, coaching, programs targeted toward adverse childhood experiences, behavioral health, and access to capital.
- ES 1.4: Support and encourage businesses that provide employees with a living wage.
Goal ES 2: All households have access to affordable, high-speed internet.
- ES 2.1: Work with partners to enhance high-speed internet connectivity options for all residents. Explore methods to reduce barriers, leverage resources, and facilitate the buildout of high-speed internet that enables coverage, speed, and affordability for all residents and improves digital literacy and equity.
Goal ES 3: Support economic development efforts to bring diverse jobs, talent, businesses, and visitors to Wake County.
- ES 3.1: Support businesses owned by minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
- ES 3.2: Support small-business creation and successful entrepreneurship.
- ES 3.3: Strengthen County services and policies that support agribusinesses, including farmland preservation, next-generation farming, and promoting local food systems and agritourism.
- ES 3.4: Increase awareness of Wake County as a tourism destination through effective branding, marketing, and recruitment strategies.
- ES 3.5: Review and update economic incentive policies that encourage and achieve equity and socially responsible business practices.
Goal ES 4: Support, promote, and celebrate arts and culture.
- ES 4.1: Develop and implement a countywide arts plan that fosters and supports the art community and establishes Wake County as an arts destination.