Goal E 1: Support early childhood care and education programs that prepare young children for life-long learning and well-being.
- E 1.1: Develop and implement a plan to expand ThreeSchool, an early learning program for qualifying three-year-old children.
- E 1.2: Explore the need for summer and track-out programs and implement recommendations supporting children whose families face barriers to access.
Goal E 2: Partner with the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) to improve all public school students' educational outcomes.
- E 2.1: Support WCPSS efforts to improve the educational outcomes for students with additional needs. Examples include those affected by homelessness, who lack home and family support, face discipline issues, need language access, have special needs, and benefit from individualized educational plans or 504 plans.
- E 2.2: Collaborate with WCPSS to determine and partner on school health needs and services, including school nurses, counselors, and other health supports.
- E 2.3: Advocate for robust resources and support for public schools from the State of North Carolina.
Goal E 3: Provide affordable college education and training programs in partnership with Wake Technical Community College.
- E 3.1: Support Wake Technical Community College's efforts to expand the WakeWorks apprenticeship program.
- E 3.2: Explore and support options to make community college opportunities accessible and affordable to Wake County graduates.
- E 3.3: Advocate for robust resources and support for community colleges from the State of North Carolina.
Goal E 4: Maintain a long-term funding plan for capital needs at the Wake County Public School System and Wake Technical Community College.