The Wake County Fire Commission makes formal recommendations to the Wake County Board of Commissioners regarding fire protection and emergency services delivery for the departments that are covered under its purview.
Roles of Fire Commission Members
- Review and make recommendations on operating budget requests.
- Review and make recommendations on CIP budget requests.
- Review and support firefighter and volunteer incentive retention and recruitment programs.
- Make recommendations to the Wake County Board of Commissioners for continued improvement of the fire protection system.
- Review ISO and consultants reports and recommend action for improvement as deemed necessary.
- Develop and provide overview of all service district operational regulations and guidelines for the Wake County fire protection service district.
Fire Commission Members
|Chairman/East Region Representative
|East Region Alternate
|North Region Primary
|North Region Alternate
|South Region Primary
|South Region Alternate
|West Region Primary
|West Region Alternate
|Town of Wendell
|Town Manager Rep Alternate
|County Commissioner Rep
|County Commissioner Alternate
|Fire Chief's Association
|Cost Share Rep Primary
|Cost Share Rep Alternate
Subject Matter Expert
|Board of Directors Rep Primary
|Board of Directors Rep Alternate
Fire Tax District Contacts
Deputy Director - Operations
Responsible for overall management of the Fire Tax District and the liaison between county government, public and nonprofit agencies.
Responsible for providing logistical support to the Fire Tax District.
System Administrator - Fire Services
Performs data research and administrative support to the Fire Tax District.