Wake County GIS and Raleigh GIS developed the iMAPS online interactive mapping application to provide easy access to reliable property information. Users can look up properties by owner name, address, place of interest or intersection and retrieve a variety of maps and property information. Help pages and videos are available to make iMAPS easy to use.
See FAQs for help to improve iMAPS performance.
Videos for the new version of iMAPS
Need a printable version of the videos?
Downloadable new iMAPS How-to Documents
Why can’t I find the specific Book of Maps (BOM) page where my lot/tract is located?
Wake County Register of Deeds began accepting electronic recording (eRecording) of plat/subdivision and condominium maps on September 1st, 2021. Survey maps with multiple pages that are filed electronically AND have more than one page are grouped into one document. They will now be recorded under the first page number of the multiple page series.
To access the lot/tract of interest, you can:
- Click the ‘Book of Maps’ link and scroll to view additional pages OR
- Check the ‘Property Description’ field for the BOM page series reference
Why is there a new version of iMAPS?
We strive to maintain a stable and reliable iMAPS application designed to be easy to use. From time to time, we need to update the application so that we can continue to support it and to provide new functions that customers have requested.
How do I change the map background?
- Background maps have been moved into the Basemaps panel in the bar on the right side. Click the button with the four squares, then select the Streets button at the top of the panel.
- Aerial photography is now found in the Basemaps panel on the right. Click the button with the four squares, then select the Imagery button at the top of the panel.
- Dark mode can be accessed from the menu in the upper right corner. Look for Theme and select Dark. iMAPS will remember this setting the next time you use it.
How can I improve iMAPS performance?
There are some things you can do to make sure you have the best possible experience using iMAPS.
- Ensure you are using one of the supported browsers below (learn how to check your browser version):
- Chrome 93 or later
- Edge 93 or later
- Firefox 93 or later
- Firefox 91 (ESR)
- iOS Safari 14 or later
- Safari 14 or later
- Minimum hardware requirements (learn how to check your system memory/RAM):
- Desktop browsers – at least 8 GB system memory
- Mobile devices – at least 4 GB system memory
- Minimize the number of browser tabs you have open
- Clear your cache periodically (learn how to clear your cache).
Where can I download the data in iMAPS for use in spreadsheets or GIS software?
Where can I download standard PDF maps?
Where is the information for Crime Data?
The Crime Data for the City of Raleigh is now available via the Crime Mapping website.
Can you give me additional information about a city or town layer?
If you have questions related to municipal zoning, corporate limits or utilities layers please contact the appropriate municipal department.
How can I order a custom map?
Need additional help or want to give feedback?
Contact email@example.com or 919-856-6370 for more help.
Or use the Feedback Form