Wake County offices will be closed Friday, April 7, in observance of Good Friday. Some locations may have altered schedules on Friday and on Sunday, April 9, for Easter. Check our Holiday Schedule for more information.
Community Pet Day
About This Event
Community Pet Days will offer struggling pet owners low-cost wellness services, along with resources on how to find affordable pet food and supplies.
At the event you will get:
- Some low-cost veterinary services (rabies shots, some additional dog and cat vaccines and microchips)
- Information on affordable spay/neuter resources
- Information on how to find affordable pet food and supplies
- Information about Wake County Health and Human Services resources
- Information about keeping pets and people healthy
What you need to know:
- Weather: Community Pet Day is a rain or shine event.
- Rabies vaccine: 1-year and 3-year vaccines are offered. Cost $5.
- Microchips: $10
- HPP: a combination vaccine that protects against five dog diseases (distemper, canine hepatitis, canine adenovirus, canine parainfluenza, and parvovirus). No cost.
- FVRCP a combination vaccine that protects against three cat diseases: feline herpesvirus 1 (FHV-1), feline calicivirus (FCV) and feline panleukopenia (FPV or feline distemper) No cost.
Community Pet Days are offered by local veterinarian Dr. April Ward with Heal House Call Veterinarians, the Wake County Animal Center, the Friends of Wake County Animal Center, Dorcas Ministries and Wake County Health and Human Services.
For additional information please contact the Wake County Animal Center at 919-212-PETS (7387) or firstname.lastname@example.org and check Community Pet Days webpage.
April 02, 2023
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
187 High House Road
Cary, NC 27511
$15 – CASH ONLY