If you can’t adopt, there are still so many ways to help:
- Please try to rehome your own pets. YOU are your pet’s best advocate, and you can help make sure their new family is a good match. Re-homing sites, such as rehome.adoptapet.com can help you find potential adopters for your pets.
- If you’re able to cancel your surrender appointment with us, please do so. Your pet will be at high risk for euthanasia. We are advocating for your pet by pleading for you to do this.
- Before your surrender appointment, reach out to local rescues for assistance. Rescue groups can be found online, and some may be able to help with re-homing.
- Do you need help with pet food or veterinary care so that you can afford to keep your pet? Does your pet have behavioral issues you want to fix? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you find resources.
- If you find a lost or stray dog, try to find the owners. Vet offices can scan the dog for a microchip. Post on neighborhood social media like NextDoor or your Ring app, on lost & found pet Facebook pages, or Triangle Lost Pets.
- Please ensure that your pets are spayed/neutered! These procedures not only help your pets but the entire animal community as a whole. We know you only want what’s best for your pet, so be sure to keep them healthy and safe by spaying or neutering them.
- Did you ever dream of being a Superhero? Yes? Well – here’s your chance! Become a superhero by volunteering your time, fostering a pet in need or making a donation to the Wake County Animal Center. All of those actions go directly towards lifesaving programs to help pets in our care!