Wake County hosted the annual State of the County Address on Thursday, Nov. 4, at 5:30 p.m. The event highlighted the progress the county has made in 2021, despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, and discussed priorities for the county’s future. Speakers included:
- Matt Calabria, Chair of the Wake County Board of Commissioners, who made an important announcement during his remarks;
- Dr. Scott Ralls, President of Wake Tech Community College; and
- Keith Sutton, Chair of the Wake County Board of Education.
The event also featured a panel discussion titled ‘Prosperity for All,’ which included:
- Adrienne Cole, President and CEO of the Raleigh Chamber;
- Lorena McDowell, Wake County Housing Affordability and Community Revitalization Director; and
- Pat Sturdivant, Capital Area Workforce Development Executive Director.
The event occurred inside the new WakeWorks Apprenticeship Center at Wake Tech’s Beltline Education Center. Due to COVID-19 protocols, Wake County limited in-person attendance at the indoor event to 70 invited guests.