Do you want to help solve affordable housing issues in Wake County? Then apply to join the Affordable Housing Advisory Working Group!
The mission of the group is to provide guidance, contribute input and engage the public around affordable housing and homeless service efforts. The 16-member group will serve a term of two years, meeting at least quarterly with additional meetings to be determined. We’re looking for strong advocates who have diverse experiences that can help us increase and preserve housing affordability, as well as prevent and reduce homelessness in Wake County.
The group will consist of representatives from these industries:
- Affordable housing developers,
- Behavioral health system,
- Local university or college,
- Community advocate with knowledge of housing issues,
- Economic development,
- Faith community,
- Local banking or credit union,
- Hospital systems,
- Health and human services,
- Law enforcement,
- Community members with low-income lived experience,
- NC-507 Continuum of Care,
- Property management and
- Wake County Public School System.
Ready to apply?
Wake County is not currently taking applications for this group. Thank you!
Contact Alicia Arnold at Alicia.Arnold@wake.gov or call 919-856-5268.