HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays)
8:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please read all instructions, requirements, and fees carefully. Failure to do so may result in delaying receipt of your passport.
As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we will accept your completed DS 11 for a new* U.S. passport and forward it to the Passport Services section of the U.S. Department of State. They make the final decision on whether to issue you the passport.
Passport renewals (DS-82) are not accepted by this office.
*Renewals for minors are accepted (DS-11)*
* Click Here to Renew Your Passport Online
All Applicants Must:
Submit a completed Form DS 11
Passports for children under 16
Passports for children ages 16 & 17
Provide TWO separate forms of payment
US Department of State fees are ONLY payable by Check or Money Order.
- Register of Deeds fees are payable by cash, check, or card.
- Appear In Person
- Passport photo required. (Photos can be taken at our office for a fee of $10 per applicant)
- Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (certified birth certificate, expired passport, naturalization certificate)
- Submit proof of identity (driver’s license, military ID, other government-issued ID)
Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for applications and detailed information on obtaining a U.S. passport, and requirements for minors.
Click to schedule your appointment
Our office is located at 300 S Salisbury St., Suite 1700, Raleigh, NC 27601. We are located in the Wake County Justice Center.
Parking is available at the Wake County Parking Deck located at 216 W. Cabarrus St., on the corners of Davie, McDowell, and Cabarrus streets.
If you have any additional questions, please email ROD.Passports@wake.gov