Wake County Register of Deeds can provide copies of marriage, birth, and death records issued in Wake County, North Carolina. Vital records issued in other states or countries must be obtained from the issuing agency.
Note: Birth Certificates for Births that Occurred Anywhere in North Carolina from 1971 - Present may be obtained in person at the Register of Deeds office. If you were born in North Carolina prior to 1971, you must obtain your vital record from the county where you were born or from the North Carolina State Vital Records office.
If you do not know the county in North Carolina where the vital record was filed, visit the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services Vital Records website.
Online requests for out of county or out of state that cannot be found in our system will be denied. Example: The Birth, Death, or Marriage may have occurred in a different state or county.
All adoption requests are processed with the North Carolina State Vital Records.
Their phone number is 919-733-3000.
Requests are processed in the order they are submitted. Should you need your order immediately, feel free to come in person Monday- Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Please note the information below:
- Birth and death records are available back to 1913.
- Marriage records are available back to 1931.
- All communication with regards to your order, payment, our progress, and the records delivery will be sent via email.
- Requests can be completed online and will be processed during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-4:45 PM), excluding County Holidays - View the Holiday Schedule
- Orders are processed 1 to 2 business days after receipt of all required information.
- Allow at least 10-14 business for USPS to deliver.
- Requests submitted after 4 pm will be processed and sent the next business day.
I am requesting a
The Following Vital Records May Be Requested Online:
|Certified Birth Certificate||$10.00 ea *|
|Certified Marriage Certificate||$10.00 ea *|
|Certified Death Certificate||$10.00 ea *|
* An additional Non-Refundable $4 Convenience and Credit Card Processing Fee will be applied to all online orders.
Information Related to NC General Statutes 130A-93 and 130A-26A:
|NC General Statute 130A-26A||It is a felony violation to fraudulently request a certified copy of a vital record or obtain, possess, sell, furnish, use, or attempt to use for any purpose of deception a North Carolina Vital Record.|
|NC General Statute 130A-93||This statute specifies who is entitled to obtain a certified copy of a North Carolina Vital Record. Those entitled to obtain a North Carolina Vital Record are as follows: yourself, spouse, brother / sister, child / step-child, parent / step-parent, grandparent, grandchild, authorized agent, attorney or other legal representative (proof required).|
For More Information, Contact:
Wake County Register of Deeds
Wake County Justice Center
300 S. Salisbury St., Suite 1700
Raleigh, NC 27601
Attention: Vital Records
P.O. Box 1897
Raleigh, NC 27602-1897
Questions about using the online forms:
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM