Malt Beverage & Wine License

Businesses selling malt beverages and/or wine must obtain a Malt Beverage and Wine License. Get the application and view license fees.

  • Any business selling malt beverages and/or wine in Wake County is required to annually purchase a Malt Beverage & Wine License from the Wake County Department of Tax Administration.
  • This license must be obtained prior to the sale of these beverages.
  • The license is good for one year and must be renewed prior to April 30 of each year.
  • A monthly penalty will accrue should the license not be renewed during the proper time.

How to get a License

A license can be obtained by completing a Wake County Malt Beverage & Wine Application and mailing it along with the proper fees to:

Wake County Tax Administration
Malt Beverage / Wine Division
P.O. Box 2719
Raleigh, NC 27602-2719


On-premises malt beverage: $25

Off-premises malt beverage: $5 

On-premises wine: $25

Off-premises wine: $25

Questions about the Malt Beverage & Wine License? 

Call our office at 919-856-5999 or email