Wake County Solid Waste and Recycling Resources

Yard Waste

Yard waste collection is provided curbside by many of the municipalities in Wake County. The following locations accept yard waste. Please contact the facility for disposal fees and hours of operation.

Buffaloe Wood Recycling Facility
Phone: 919-772-4166
Address: 5525 Wake Academy Drive, Raleigh

Carolina Tree Debris
Phone: 919-261-0590
Address: 1417 Old Watkins Road, Raleigh

City of Raleigh Yard Waste Facility
Phone: 919-250-2728
Address: 900 New Hope Road, Raleigh

Rowland Landfill
Phone: 919-876-1877
Address: 3000 Gresham Lake Road, Raleigh

Triangle Forest Products, Inc. (no leaves or pine straw accepted)
Phone: 919-469-4620 or 919-961-4807
Address: 4525 Sunset Lake Road, Holly Springs 

Wall Recycling
Phone: 919-582-7777
Address: 520 Pristine Water Drive, Apex

Construction and Demolition Debris

Construction and demolition (C&D) debris consist of building materials such as lumber, drywall, roofing, etc. Wake County ONLY accepts C&D waste from Wake County homeowners (this excludes tenants and contractors working for homeowners). Commercial C&D debris, including C&D waste coming from a Wake County home via tenants and hired contractors, is NOT accepted at any County-operated facility.

The following private facilities accept construction and demolition debris waste. Please contact the facility for disposal fees and hours of operation.

Capital Waste C&D Transfer Station
424 Warehouse Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610

Durant Road Construction & Demolition Transfer Station
9220 Durant Road, Raleigh, NC 27610

Greenway Waste Solutions of Apex
5940 Old Smithfield Road, Apex, NC 27539

Material Recovery C&D Landfill
2600 Brownfield Road, Raleigh, NC 27610

Raleigh Processing
421 Raleigh View Road, Raleigh, NC 27610

Red Rock Construction & Demolition Landfill
7130 New Landfill Drive, Holly Springs, NC 27540

Republic Services Transfer Station
5565 Thornton Road, Raleigh, NC 27616

Shotwell Landfill
4724 Smithfield Road, Wendell, NC 27591

Solid Waste Management Division Recycling and Disposal Drop-off Locator

Wake County Solid Waste Management Division Ordinance

Ordinances governing Solid Waste Management in Wake County are located in the online ordinance site.

View the Solid Waste Ordinance here.

From the table of contents section located to the left, you can also view the following ordinances:

Wake County Littering Ordinance (§ 50.19)

Recyclable Corrugated Cardboard Surcharge Program (§ 50.17) 

Drop-off Locations for Businesses

Wake County businesses can get rid of the following materials at the following Wake County Solid Waste facilities.





Acceptable Items​


Multi-Material Recycling Facilities Municipal Solid Waste Disposal Facilities​
Aluminum (Cans, foil, trays with no food residue)  R  
Appliances (AC units, refrigerators, washer/dryer, water heaters, etc.)  R  
Books​ (Text, hard cover, or soft cover)  RU  
Corrugated cardboard  R  
Cartons (Juice, milk, soup cartons)  R  
CDs/DVDs/VHS tapes  RU  
Cell Phones  R  
Chipboard & SBS Board​ (Cereal, snack and shoe boxes)  R  
Clothing & Shoes  RU  
Computer Equipment​ (CPU's, monitors, laptops, printers, peripherals​)  R  
Cooking Oil​  R  
Electronics​ (Any electronic device with a cord)  R  
 disposal fees apply​
 disposal fees apply​
Glass (Bottles and jars, any color)  R  
Motor Oil & Oil Filters  R  
Paper (Catalogs, mail, newspaper, office paper, etc.)  R  
Plastic (Bottles, tubs, jugs, jars
(NO Styrofoam, NO bags)
Rigid Plastics (5 Gallon Buckets, Soda Crates, Plastic Baskets & Lawn Furniture, Carts & Garbage Cans (without metal or wheels attached.)  R  
Scrap Metal (Bicycles, framing, grills, mowers, pipes, etc.)  R  
Steel Food Cans  R  
Tires  R  
In addition to Wake County's facilities, the City of Raleigh also offers three recycling drop-off facilities that can be used by small businesses.
Have questions or need more information? Call 919-856-7400. 

Municipal Curbside Collection

Wake County Solid Waste operates garbage and recycling drop-off locations throughout the County. If you live within the city or town limits, your garbage and recycling collection is coordinated by the municipality. For more information about this service, please select your town/city from the list below.

Apex Public Works

Cary Public Works
Call 311 inside town limits
or 919-469-4000 outside Cary

Fuquay-Varina Public Works

Garner Public Works

Holly Springs Public Works

Knightdale Public Works

Morrisville Public Works

Raleigh Solid Waste Services

Rolesville Public Works

Wake Forest Public Works

Wendell Public Works

Zebulon Public Works