Waste Haulers

Waste Hauler License

Wake County's Solid Waste Ordinance Section 50.05 requires all persons, firms and corporations engaged in the collection of garbage, refuse, solid waste or recyclables in Wake County to obtain a Solid Waste Hauler's Privilege License.

Note: The Haulers License is NOT a Trash Pass to use a box truck, dual-axle or enclosed trailer at the convenience centers. Request a Trash Pass here.

Haulers License applications are only accepted each year from mid May until the end of July. Outside of this timeframe, unlicensed haulers may use private landfills and transfer stations. Read instructions below on how to obtain/renew Haulers License. 

Steps To Obtain A Haulers License:

  1. Download the hauler license application packet
  2. Complete the application form 
  3. Submit a copy of your company’s certification of liability insurance (COI).
  4. Remit payment for $100 made payable to: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division.
  5. Mail the completed application, COI and check to this address: 
    Wake County Solid Waste Management Division
    Attention: Roy Baldwin
    P.O. Box 550
    Raleigh, NC 27602-0550

Licensed Haulers in Wake County

Download a list of licensed waste hauling companies in Wake County.

Landfill Credit Account

To open a credit account with Wake County to use the East Wake Transfer Station or South Wake Landfill, complete the Landfill Credit Application . Submit your completed application following the directions at the top of the application. For questions about starting a credit account at the South Wake Landfill or East Wake Transfer Station contact swbilling@wake.gov.