Wake County's Solid Waste Ordinance Section 50.05 requires all persons, firms and corporations engaged in the collection of garbage, refuse, solid waste or recyclables in Wake County to obtain a Solid Waste Hauler's Privilege License.
NOTE: THE HAULERS LICENSE IS NOT A TRASH PASS TO USE A BOX TRUCK, DUAL-AXLE OR ENCLOSED TRAILER AT THE CONVENIENCE CENTERS. REQUEST A TRASH PASS HERE.
To open a credit account with Wake County to use the East Wake Transfer Station or South Wake Landfill, complete the Landfill Credit Application. Submit your completed application following the directions at the top of the application.
Apply for a Waste Haulers License
Steps To Obtain A Haulers License:
FY24 Application Closed. Next application process starts May 2024.
- Download the hauler license application packet
- Complete the application form
- Submit a copy of your company’s certification of liability insurance (COI).
- Remit payment for $100 made payable to: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division.
- Mail the completed application, COI and check to this address: Wake County Solid Waste Management Division, Attention: Roy Baldwin, P.O. Box 550, Raleigh, NC 27602-0550.
List of Licensed Haulers
Download a list of licensed waste hauling companies in Wake County.
Have questions or need more information contact Roy Baldwin.