Make an Impact with Wake County EMS
EMS Hiring Process
Our hiring process typically runs three times a year and begins with the open application period.
Who We Are and Who Should Work With Us
Consistently ranked as a top performing, top paying department.
All Experience-Levels Welcome
Whatever, your level of experience, our outstanding field training and evaluation programs will take you from "paramedic" to "Wake County Paramedic," with all the support you need.
You Take Care of Your Community. We Take Care of You.
That’s why we’ve established a high standard of quality for the compensation, equipment and opportunities we provide for our employees:
- Recruitment bonus for paramedic positions.
- Tiered amounts up to $5,000.
- Employee referral bonus of $1,000 for new Paramedics.
- A comprehensive county benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, local government retirement and a 5% "no match required" contribution to your 401(k) account.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1,200 per year after one year of service and IRS qualified moving expenses guidelines.
- Regular opportunities to pick up overtime shifts.
- Regular opportunities to cover games and special events for the Carolina Hurricanes, NC State Wolfpack, major outdoor music venues, the NC State Fair, marathons, parades, and more.
- A variety of opportunities to participate in everything from equipment selection to our Employee Engagement Team to our system peer review team.
- Outstanding clinical protocols that allow for flexibility, independence and critical thinking.
- A great clinical environment founded in continuous data-driven care.
- Excellent relationships with our region's hospitals and first-responder agencies.
- Paid continuing medical education featuring frequent instruction by our own physicians as well as guest faculty in our modern education center.
- A family-like approach to maintaining a workplace that's safe for all.
- Focus on diversity, equality and inclusivity.