Addresses, Road Names and Street Signs

Wake County GIS provides address validation, street name approval, address changes and updates, information about displaying addresses and information about street name signs. 


Street Signs

Wake County GSA installs and maintains the green and white street name signs outside of the city and town limits.  

Report Damaged or Missing Street Name Sign OUTSIDE city limits

To report problems with a stop sign, speed limit sign, or any other type of sign, call NCDOT at 1-877-DOT-4YOU (1-877-368-4968) or submit a report

To report problems with a street sign within a city or town limits, contact the Public Works Department: 

Angier 919-331-6708 or Contact Public Works Department 

Apex 919-249-3412 or Report a Concern on website 

Cary 919-460-3146 or Report on Cary 311 site 

Durham 919-560-1200 or Durham One Call

Fuquay-Varina 919-552-1402 or Email Public Works Department 

Garner 919-772-7600 or Email Public Works Department 

Holly Springs 919-552-5920 or Report a Concern on website 

Knightdale 919-217-2250 or Report a Problem on website 

Morrisville 919-463-7070 or Report a Problem on website 

Raleigh 919-996-6608 or Email Transportation Department 

Rolesville 919-556-3506 or Report a Concern on website 

Wake Forest 919-435-9573 or Report a Problem on website 

Wendell 919-365-4822 or TellWendell on website 

Zebulon 919-823-1850 or Report a Concern on website