The East Wake Waste Transfer Station located in Raleigh, NC is used by licensed waste haulers ONLY. Wake County residents should refer to Convenience Centers for waste disposal information.
Waste is reloaded into tractor trailers to be transported for final disposal.
820 Corporation Parkway, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Open: Monday - Saturday, 6 a.m.–3 p.m. (Commercial use only). NOTE: Only trash trucks should use the transfer station before 10 a.m. Other users, including box trucks, junk haulers, trailers of any kind, and any vehicles that have to be unloaded by hand, should wait until after 10 a.m. or take their loads to the South Wake Landfill.
- Closed: Sundays, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (at noon) and Christmas Day.
The East Wake Transfer Station is permitted to accept municipal solid waste only. Municipal Solid Waste includes residential waste from households, commercial waste from businesses, and non-hazardous waste from industry.
Mattresses and box springs are limited to 6 mattresses and/or box springs per day, per organization.
- Municipal Solid Waste: $49 per ton, includes $2 per ton State of North Carolina excise tax.
- Corrugated Cardboard: $80 per ton. Surcharge applies to loads with 10% or more corrugated cardboard.
Payment can be made by cash, check, credit card (up to $200 - VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Google Pay, Apple Pay) or Wake County credit account (customers invoiced monthly):
- Check, click here for Wake County Check Acceptance Policy
- Establish a credit account with Wake County, complete the Credit Application. Once completed, print, sign and submit the form by mail or email. Contact email@example.com to answer any questions.
The transfer station is for commercial garbage trucks to dispose of waste. For questions about residential household garbage or bulky waste, please visit one of the 11 Convenience Center trash and recycling sites.
Facility Manager: Roy Baldwin