Finding protective or restrictive covenants for my subdivision.
Wake County subdivisions may have protective or restrictive covenants recorded with the Wake County Register of Deeds office.
- If these documents are recorded, they may be retrieved online using the
Consolidated Real Property Index (CRPI) system.
- Covenants can be found under many different document types
- (restrv covnts, decln, covnts, protv covnts, etc.)
- When searching covenants, do not enter a specific document type in your search criteria. Instead do the following:
- Enter part of the subdivision name into the grantor field
- Select grantor type of 'Firm / Non-human'
- Click Search to view the recorded document results.
- Scan the list of results for the covenants.
Learn more about finding protective/restrictive covenants.